Laser Therapy can quickly and dramatically reduce acute and chronic pain by:
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing free radical production and oxidative stress
- Improving blood flow
- Enhancing tissue repair
- Improving cellular energy production (increasing production of cellular ATP)
When you combine functional orthopedics, functional medicine, and laser therapy you can knock down the walls of pain and suffering and begin your journey toward healing.
It doesn’t matter if it is a new injury or an old injury or condition, laser therapy can help start or accelerate your process of healing, and it can do it naturally without the use of drugs or surgery.
What is a cold laser?
Laser is light amplification at specific wavelengths that have been scientifically proven to create healing properties in human cells. Like a plant cell uses sunlight for growth and health, human cells have been shown to respond to light in a similar way.
How Effective is Laser Treatment and What are the Benefits?
- Positive Chemical Changes: Lasers can decrease the sensitivity of nerves by decreasing a pain-producing chemical called bradykinin. It also releases endorphins which are the body’s natural pain-relieving system. Lasers release enkephalins which produce a pain-relieving effect. This technology can also block pain in specific nerve fibers.
- Anti-inflammatory/Healing: Laser technology increases stored energy also known as ATP. This type of energy increases and accelerates cell repair and regeneration. Laser therapy dilates capillaries, widening the veins and arteries adjacent to an injury which assists in the removal of damaged cellular debris. Blood vessel dilation also increases oxygen and nutrients in the tissue. The repair and regeneration process is accelerated because of the increase in White blood cell activity. Superoxide Dismutase, a powerful antioxidant is increased in this process while inflammatory molecules are reduced from the damaged area.
- Accelerated Cell Growth and Tissue Repair: Light photons from lasers deeply penetrate tissue in order to expedite growth and cellular reproduction. As a direct result of laser exposure, muscle, tendon, nerve, and ligament cells repair faster.
- Vascular Activity Improved: Angiogenesis, the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue is a result of laser technology. This phenomenon in turn accelerates the healing process and closes wounds much faster.
- A Reduction in Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser technology reduces scar tissue formation following damage or insult to tissue. Whether it's damage from surgery, blunt force trauma, burns, repetitive motion injuries, cuts, or scratches, Laser technology reduces scar tissue formation.
- Accelerated Wound Healing: The photons from laser energy stimulates the proteins of collagen which is essential for the healing of injured or damaged tissue. These specific building blocks of collagen are mandatory in order to repair injuries or replace old, damaged tissue. Thus, laser technology is highly effective on burns and open wounds.
Laser technology is highly effective for conditions that include inflammation, bulging and herniated discs, tendonitis, bursitis, peripheral neuropathy, and capsulitis. Repetitive motion injuries like sprains and strains all have an inflammatory component therefore, laser technology is highly effective for these conditions as well.
In conclusion, Laser Therapy aims to alleviate pain and accelerate the repair of tissue damage from nerve and disc injuries, traumatic events to tissue, inflammation, and specific diseases.
Research and Studies Show
- Increased Vasodilation
- Increased Collagen Production
- Increased Lymphatic Response
- Increased Cell Metabolism
- Increased Tissue Repair
- Increased Bone Repair
- Accelerated Nerve Regeneration
- Reduced Inflammation
- Reduced Edema
Will I receive just laser therapy?
Lasers can either be used as a stand-alone or used in conjunction with other modalities and therapies. Because of our vast scope of therapies and conditions we treat you will receive various treatments based on what your needs and exam findings show. If it is indicated that you only need laser therapy it will be provided by itself.
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR THIS EXCITING NEW TECHNOLOGY? CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENT, 715-204-7863.